Skip navigation
Backpacker48
Currently Being Moderated

Scans show up as black, blank pages when filed

Nov 18, 2013 4:35 PM

I use Adobe Reader XI v11.0.04

I have an HP Photosmart D110 series printer which I use with my MacBook Pro.  When I scan a document using the "HP Scan" app on my computer, the doc shows up as scanned on my computer screen.  When I go to save it, I get the following error message:  "An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to.  Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only." 

I have rescanned the doc several times but get same message. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it from a cd - same message.  I've tried to save it to various files with same message.  I even set up a new file to make sure that it was not a read-only file - same message.

Also, when I try to scan it using the screen on the printer, the screen shows "scanning" but it's really not since I don't see any light nor hear any noise.

Anybody got any ideas???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 7:46 PM   in reply to Backpacker48

I don't see Adobe Reader involved anywhere in this process.  To me this sounds like a Mac OS or permission problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Backpacker48

I hope that someone with more Mac OS experience than me will step in and advise you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points