Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,876 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Accounts Hacking Incident - Letter

Nov 18, 2013 3:28 PM

So have most of you had a letter from Adobe with information about the hacking incident?  The letter mentions that full credit card details were probably taken, including the name, number, expiry date.  In fact the letter actually says that the 'third party' used Adobe systems to decrypt card information.  Sounds like clever stuff on the part of the hackers.  I obviously checked my account for anomalies — which is something I am not that flash at keeping up with — but all was OK.  Bottom line would be that if you have not yet received your letter — which would be unlikely considering mine had further to go — keep an eye on your credit card account.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

So have most of you had a letter from Adobe with information about the hacking incident?

Yup.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 8:24 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

ProDesign Tools explains the breach did not affect Creative Cloud accounts. Prior to CC, I used PayPal for my CS6 permanent license.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-security-breach-not-creative-cloud.htm l

So yes, I got the letter,but I simply changed my account password.

I also got an ID theft plan through my credit union which does monitor my credit, and I keeps tabs on the bank account,which is easy through online banking. It's pretty much common sense these days.

Gene

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points