Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Save to older format

Nov 18, 2013 4:36 PM

Tags: #cs4 #flash #cc

I am using flash cc at home and flash cs4 at school. I was wondering if there was a way to save my file at home to the older version so i can work on it at school too. Thanks, PS i am using PC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to Geoman2247

The only way I know of is to have the older versions needed to save backward.  If CC is all you have at home then there isn't much you can do with it to save for CS4.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 1:26 AM   in reply to Geoman2247

Flash Pro CC also continues to support opening of files last saved in any, earlier version of Flash Professional. Supported file types include opening not only the XFL files saved in Flash CS5.5, and CS6, but also the older “binary” .fla files saved in Flash CS4 and earlier

However Fla or XFL created in Flash Pro CC can be opened reliably only in Flash CS5.5 and CS6.

When saving a file, Flash Pro CC continues to provide the options of saving to a Flash document (.fla) or uncompressed document (.xfl).  The resulting XFL file is internally stamped with the Flash Pro CC file version.  However, since Flash CS5.5 and later releases are able to open “future” versions of XFL files, Flash CS5.5 and Flash CS6 can both also open Flash Pro CC files. Consequently, you will not see options in the Save As Type drop-down list to explicitly save to an older version of Flash.

More information at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/opening-cs6-files-cc.html

Thanks

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points