Skip navigation
infoBoum
Currently Being Moderated

How to reduce PDF's to 16k max

Nov 19, 2013 12:30 PM

I have to reduce the size of PDF's (actual size 200k to 500k). I need to reduce them to 16k each maximum. I try the "reduce file size" and all of the 8 ways this link suggest (http://www.wikihow.com/Reduce-PDF-File-Size). I even try to "save as gif" (in photoshop, save for web and device) and then save a PDF, but it result a poor quality. (I'm sorry for my bad english, I understand perfectly english but to write it is another story...). Any ideas? Thank for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to infoBoum

This is unlikely to be achievable except for PDF files with a minimal amount of text, made with old software. No images or pictures at all.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to infoBoum

If you look at the text (assuming there is some) and the graphics (you can use export graphics) and estimate the size that might be able to be obtained and that may give you what is needed to the customer. The best place to start is with the original, not the PDF, and minimize graphics and such there, then make the PDF. There may also be an issue with what the customer plans to do with the PDFs that might make the request unreasonable.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points