Skip navigation
Barret
Currently Being Moderated

Numbering starting after a few pages

Nov 19, 2013 2:21 PM

Tags: #numbering #numbering_pages

I am trying to start numbering the pages around page 4. I've tried everything I can think of and have searched the forums endlessly with no answer that works.

I'll give as much info about the document as I can.

Set up as facing pages.

Page 1 is single front cover.

Page 2 is blank.

Page 3 is Table of Contents. (Pages 2 and 3 are in a spread, as are the rest of the pages except for the last page which is single, back cover)

Page 4 is where I want it to say Page 1.

I tried going into Numbering and Section Options. Everything I try does nothing.

When I tried double clicking on Page 4 to select it > then choosing numbering and section options > choosing start section > then choosing Start page numbering at: > putting in 1 > and it turned into a single page while the rest of the pages that followed remained doubled up.

It did change to page 1, but it doesn't help me much as it turns into a single page.

I tried taking facing pages off and doing it, but that doesn't work out either.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for probably about 5 hours now. Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to Barret

InDesign balked at starting page one on a left hand facing (?)

Right click the page to begin the section and un-toggle Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to Barret

InDesign follows convention that odd numbers go on right-hand pages in countries that read from left to right. It's pretty disconcerting to a reader when you violate that convention, but you can do it following Daniel's directions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points