Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat XI Pro Serial Number Invalid after transfer to new Mac

Nov 20, 2013 4:39 PM

Tags: #acrobat #macbook #pro #update #licensing #trial #convert #download #install_error #xi #acrobat_pro_xi

I recently got the new MacBook Pro OS X 10.9 and when I started up my computer I transferred all of my information over to my new Mac from my old MacBook (2008 version).

I was happy that my Acrobat XI Pro transfered over, but it only transfered as a "trial" software and all previous records of purchasing my sofware in my account at Adobe are now gone. I thought I would be fine because the trial software frequently reminds me that it is a trial, and prompts me for my serial number. I have my serial number from my previous Acrobat saved and entered that number. When I do, this message pops up,

"This serial number is not valid for Acrobat XI Pro. You can either use a valid serial number for Acrobat XI Pro or use this serial number on the appropriate product."

What???

Please help, my trial ends soon and I've run out of options. I can't lose this expensive software!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2013 11:23 PM   in reply to NLC alamo

Hi NLC alamo,

Adobe does not recommend using any migration software to transfer the software.

Please remove Acrobat and reinstall it and use the serial number to activate it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points