Skip navigation
radspanner
Currently Being Moderated

trouble importing photos LR4

Nov 21, 2013 1:27 PM

when try to import a load of photographs i uncheck them all, then try to highlight the ones i want but when i have ticked 5 or 6 the screen just shows the first one in the bunch, whether i have highlighted it or not. the few i have ticked still show up in the develop section but it means i have to import photos in small amounts.

has something got corrupted, how to i go  about uninstalling and reinstalling if i need to?

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 22, 2013 11:30 PM   in reply to radspanner

Could you explain a little more?  It's this line I don't understand "the screen just shows the first one in the bunch"

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 24, 2013 12:36 AM   in reply to radspanner

Yes, you could well be right about the 8.1 update.

So when you say the first photo of the twenty fills the screen, is that in the Import dialog loupe, or back in the main Lightroom modules?  And when you say you click back to get rid of it, where are you clicking?

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 25, 2013 10:47 PM   in reply to radspanner

Let me make sure I've understood this correctly, as I feel like I'm playing 20 questions at the moment.

You're in the Import dialog

You press Uncheck All

You start checking individual photos one at a time (no other thumbnails are highlighted)

The import dialog suddenly closes on its own and you find yourself back in the Library module in Loupe view, viewing the first of the photos that wasn't even checked in the import dialog

That's what I've got from your description - so which bits of that are right or wrong

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 26, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to radspanner

I can't think of a way to even do that on purpose!  So I'd try resetting the preferences file as a first port of call.  Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Presets tab and press the Show Lightroom Presets Folder button.  That'll open an Explorer window to the right location (as long as store presets with catalog isn't checked), and you should see a Preferences folder.  Close Lightroom and rename the Preferences folder.  Then restart LR and see what happens.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to radspanner

Rename it to anything different than the existing name.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points