Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Envelope distort doesn't work with a picture

Nov 25, 2013 4:50 PM

Tags: #tool_error #illustrator_features

Hello there:-)

I'm trying to distort a picture to make it fit a cover of a magazine. I read a few tutorials on Envelope Distort and followed directions. It seemed pretty straightforward.

I created a single, closed path that I placed it on a top layer. I placed the picture I want to distort and embedded iton a second layer behind the shape. Selected them together, continued with Object>Envelope Distort>Make with Top Object. But, the picture gets twisted and messed up. What am I doing wrong?

Warp.JPG

This is what it looks like and I can't think of anything that is interfering with the process. Could you please help? This image will be part of a collage of images that will go on the front cover of my Google+ and Facebook profile. I'd love it to look great:-)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2013 11:44 PM   in reply to saranas

This is one way.

Import photo into illustrator.

Draw box around photo, no fill ,no stroke colour and place on top of photo.

Menu - Object - Envelope Distort - Make with Warp - (warp option will appear)

Use ‘Direct Selection Tool’ (white arrow)

Select/click on anchor points to alter, you can also use the rotation tool to turn to required position.

Hope this info' is of help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2013 6:13 AM   in reply to saranas

How many points does your path have, should be 4. The paths should not have any handles.

Do not rotate your image prior to,  make with top object.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points