I've just spent the morning telling a client that they must be crazy— the fact that when opening their logo in Fireworks, and sampling the color to build matching elements— the color isn't... *OOPS, oh crap*... matching.
Not only when opening images in CS6, but taking screenshots of anything on-screen (with default OSX screenshot -or- any screenshot app) is giving me bad results in Fireworks.
1. Go to the following site: http://www.colorhexa.com/59136b
2. Download the main image there ( http://www.colorhexa.com/59136b.png )
3. Open it up in Fireworks CS6 on Mavericks.
4. Either using the background eyedropper, or create a new rectangle and use that eyedropper, sample the 59136b.png image.
5. For me, Fireworks says this image color is #5A0B6D.
(I've attached 59136b.png here too)
Fireworks CS6 188.8.131.524 — Fall 2012 27" iMac — Mac OSX 10.9
I was just told of a workaround, posted here:
...As pointed out in the comments by Chris and Scott (thanks guys!), there is another method you can use which is the eyedropper in the "Colors" section of the main Tools panel.
Then click your colour.