Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Changing Page Size - Page gap appears

Nov 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Tags: #spread #page #gap

I've got some spreads set up in InDesign, they are not "facing pages" but rather single pages that I have paired together.

Need to change the page size from 9 x 9 inches to 8.75 x 8.75 inches. Unforutnately when I do this, there is a gap which appears between the pages in my spread.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

(I've attache the before and after screen shots)

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 2.31.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 2.31.26 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to Joe Seven

Try to select the 2 pages with Page Tool (Shift+P) then type the H and W size.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to Joe Seven

Sound you are uncheck facing pages, from File menu>Document Setup>check on Facing Pages

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72277778/page%20tool.mp4

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2013 3:01 PM   in reply to Joe Seven

I detest the Page tool and don't use it, but I think the problem is youare trying to apply the same cahnge to both odd and even pages (I saw the part about non-facing, and I presume you are using disabled shuffling to build spreads). Are you using the same master for both? It doesn't look like it from the screen shot, so I think if you use the Page tool to shrink the page away from the right edge on the master for odd numberd pages and away from the left edge on the master for evens it will leave the spine edge where it is and you'll eliminate your gap.

But one has to ask why this is not set up as facing pages?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2013 10:37 PM   in reply to Joe Seven

The only way to avoid this problem is to use facing pages in New Doxument or Document Set Up.

Changing the page size should alway be done with Document Set up and not with the page tool. The page tool is good if you have some pages as exceptions like in a book cover file the spine page of a 3-page-spread or some folded flyers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points