Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PDF Generator module does not uninstall completely

Level 7

I re-ran configuration manager in ES4 SP1 Turnkey to uninstall the PDF Generator module and now I am receiving the following errors in the server.log:

2013-11-28 10:14:09,788 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceStoreImpl] (main) COULD NOT PROCESS SERVICE: PDFGConfigService VERSION: 1.0 MARKING AS INACTIVE.  The exception is: com/adobe/pdfg/exceptions/ConfigException caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class name com.adobe.pdfg.exceptions.ConfigException from package com.adobe.pdfg.exceptions not found.

2013-11-28 10:14:09,797 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] (main) Head active ServiceConfiguration for service: PDFGConfigService version: 1.0 is not active as expected. The service was probably Marked INACTIVE due to an error loading the service.  Please look at the logs to see if this service was Marked INACTIVE.

2013-11-28 10:14:10,345 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceStoreImpl] (main) COULD NOT PROCESS SERVICE: GeneratePDFService VERSION: 1.1 MARKING AS INACTIVE.  The exception is: com/adobe/livecycle/generatepdf/client/FileFormatNotSupportedException caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class name com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.FileFormatNotSupportedException from package com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client not found.

2013-11-28 10:14:10,352 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] (main) Head active ServiceConfiguration for service: GeneratePDFService version: 1.1 is not active as expected. The service was probably Marked INACTIVE due to an error loading the service.  Please look at the logs to see if this service was Marked INACTIVE.

2013-11-28 10:14:10,820 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceStoreImpl] (main) COULD NOT PROCESS SERVICE: DistillerService VERSION: 1.1 MARKING AS INACTIVE.  The exception is: com/adobe/livecycle/generatepdf/client/ConversionException caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class name com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client.ConversionException from package com.adobe.livecycle.generatepdf.client not found.

2013-11-28 10:14:10,825 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.impl.ServiceRegistryImpl] (main) Head active ServiceConfiguration for service: DistillerService version: 1.1 is not active as expected. The service was probably Marked INACTIVE due to an error loading the service.  Please look at the logs to see if this service was Marked INACTIVE.

I noticed that all of these services are still listed in the Components view in Workbench and showing up as Active even after the module is uninstalled.

You have to manually uninstall the services using Workbench to remove them completely and prevent the errors above.

0 Replies