• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single submit button to save content of multiple TEB CP7

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slide with nine TEBs on it. I would like a user to be able to input their answers in to each TEB and click a single submit button to update the associated variables.

Can anyone tell me how to do this as at the minute each individual TEB has its own submit button?

The project will be published using HTML5 output.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

The characters being typed into a TEB are being immediately written to the TEB's associated variable.  Clicking the Submit button is not what updates the variable. It's being updated in real-time. 

Clicking the TEB's Submit button is usually either about validating the entered text, or else executing an action to jump somewhere else.

When you have multiple TEBs you can turn off their individual Submit buttons and just have one normal button on the slide that executes a Conditional Action to valid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old blog post, but maybe it can help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/one-submit-button-for-multiple-text-entry-box

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in HTML5 outputs as well. (Not sure about Apple devices though, as I have seen cases where something works in HTML5 but fails on Apple devices.)

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The characters being typed into a TEB are being immediately written to the TEB's associated variable.  Clicking the Submit button is not what updates the variable. It's being updated in real-time. 

Clicking the TEB's Submit button is usually either about validating the entered text, or else executing an action to jump somewhere else.

When you have multiple TEBs you can turn off their individual Submit buttons and just have one normal button on the slide that executes a Conditional Action to validate the values in each TEB via the decision blocks in the conditional action.  So this allows you to validate multiple TEBS with a single conditional action.  There are still certain types of validation that conditional actions cannot perform (e.g. allow UPPERCASE, or allow lowercase, etc) and if this is required then you may be better off using the validation options that came in with 6.1 but were only debugged once you got to 7.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to my post.

For this purpose what Rod has said about the variables updating in real-time has helped me acheive what I needed to.

In response to Sreekanth, this seems to work on iOS 5 and 7, apart from the very first time I loaded it up on iOS 7 where it crashed Safari. It has been fine ever since on two seperate devices so fingers crossed it was an isolated glitch. The only thing that stops me being 100% sure about this is that I have had what I think are memory-leak issues with Captivate and iOS with a couple of things lately. I'll update you all if I find anything worthwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources