Skip navigation
nyczhenry
Currently Being Moderated

Creating Panorama with Lightroom-5 and PSE-12 Possible?

Dec 1, 2013 8:12 PM

I just bought Lightroom-5 to edit photos, and decided to also get PSE-12 for the panorama feature (among other PSE-12 features).

Is it possible to edit a group of photos in Lightroom-5 and then export them to PSE-12 to create a panorama?

Sorry, I'm new to photography and photo editing software.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to nyczhenry

With Lightoom in the Develop module, select the images you want to merge in the filmstrip and with the cursor over one of the images in the filmstrip right click (windows) and select Edit in and select the merge in Photoshop.  I assume this works with Elements, I do it with Potoshop CS6. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to nyczhenry

It is indeed with Photoshop, but I don't have any experience with Elements.

Look under the Photo menu in Lightroom and see if you have these options:

edit_in.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to nyczhenry

Hi,

I am not sure if there is a direct option from Lightroom but you could open the files in Photoshop Elements, then select File-> New > Photomerge Panorama and select Add Open Files from the dialog. for the rest have a look at http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/stitching-together-pan oramas.html

And again I am not sure if the merged file will automatically be placed in the LR Catalog but you could save it to the directory and then synchronise to get it into the cat.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to BKKDon

When in LR you can select multiple files then right-click and choose Edit in Photoshop Elements (or Other Application and configure PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe as that application) which will open the selected files in Elements and then follow the process outlined on the previously mentioned Adobe HelpX page.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 2:36 AM   in reply to nyczhenry

I can configure "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" so that I would be able to select "Merge to Panorama in PSE" from the Edit-in dropdown menu in LR.  Is this also correct?

No, that is incorrect. You can instruct LR to send the images to PSE 12 (as a copy with LR adjustments, psd or tiff, 8 bits because PSE will not make panos from 16 bit images) , but once they have appeared in the tray at the bottom of PSE's screen you have to select them and then open Photomerge: Pano from the Enhance menu.

how do I configure "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"?

In LR right-click on an image and select Edit In. You should see "Photoshop Elements Editor". If not, open the Preferences (Edit menu) and go to the External Editing tab. Set PSE as the second choice there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points