Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR Enfuse Problem - Batch Processing Doesn't work

Dec 1, 2013 9:16 PM

Tags: #lightroom #problem #help #trouble #troubleshoot #stacks #hdr #enfuse #lr/enfuse #lightroom5.2 #photographers_toolbox #photographers-toolbox

Hi,

I'm relativley new to Lightroom - and am trying to learn about Enfusing multiple different exposures.

I've followed all the instructions to the letter, and I'm able to enfuse great looking shots if I do them 1 group at a time. However, I've taken heaps of bracketed shots, and want to 'Batch Process' them.

LR/Enfuse appears to have the functionality, and plenty of people online seem to be able to make it work. But even when I stack each bracketed shot, and select all. It still comes up with the error message below:

"No Stacks

No Stacks containing selected photos were found.  If you are trying to blend the selected images then please turn off the batch mode option."

Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 4.13.36 pm.png

Any ideas? I'm using Lightroom 5.2

Cheers, Thomas

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to tbarnesfilms2012

Hi,

Have a look on the 4th panel of the Combine Photos Using Enfuse Dialog, 4. Output, and deselect the Processing Mode Option:

- Batch Mode (Blend all stacks containing at least one selected photo)

Note that if you wish to use the Stac/Batch mode you need to select the photos you wish to stack, right-click and choose Stack-> Group into Stack but make sure the stack is collapsed (i.e. only the first image is showing) then make sure Batch Mode is enabled before processing.

The options are explained here http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php?sec=quickgu ide

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to tbarnesfilms2012

Hi,

I am not sure what operating system you are using, I don't have any problems with Win 7 x64, but if you are using Apple OS there may be issues with permissions on the folders you are using e.g. the folder for temporary files.

You may also want to look at his tutorial http://digital-photography-school.com/save-time-with-batch-exposure-bl ending but disregard the Auto Stacking explained as it is difficult to get it to work.

I am not sure but it looks as though the stacks in the image you posted are expanded. Make sure the individual stacks are collapsed.

Apart from that I just don't know as it works fine for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 3:12 AM   in reply to tbarnesfilms2012

When using stacks created in a collection I get the same error message.

With stacks from photos in a folder it works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2014 3:11 AM   in reply to janh1948

Thank you! at least got it working by switching to folder mode. that is a big deal when working on dozens of interior shots! somehow batch processing in collection mode failed after a few days of usage on both of my machines and never could fix it since then.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points