Skip navigation
fashiongirl
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 Illustrator crashing problem

Dec 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Hello all,

Lately my illustrator cs3 has been crashing every time I try to save a new file. It is so frustrating after doing all the work and can't save. I work on Windows XP 2002 system. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2013 11:33 AM   in reply to fashiongirl

Do some housekeeping on your system drives - remove temp files, degragment, fix botched permissions, check for disk errors, make your security tools behave, clean out stored network connections or associations to removable drives...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to fashiongirl

fashiongirl,

Since Wade has not (yet seen this thread and) said this, I will:

You may try to create a new user account (with administrative privileges), then log into that new account and see what happens when you save.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to fashiongirl

You are welcome, fashiongirl.

I hope you will report your findings. There are so many reports about strange things so it is important to keep building the knowledge here.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to fashiongirl

I just now had the same problem and in a crunch to get something done. I just did some artwork last month no problem and now this error crash. I read the error crash report and it said something about my operating system conflict. So I decided to maybe download a newer trial just to get this job done. Well, seems like Adobe Illustrator is no longer suported by Windows XP. So there ya go. Wont run right on XP. Guess we are now forced to get newer windows versions. I am devistated. Also, I want to let you know that I was able to save some simple ai art files with a few text lines and shapes but not eps expanded text or pathfinder cut out shapes etc. For such an expensive program package this feels like personal theft to me. It's my livelyhood and I don't like win 7 etc and I don't have money to get new windows nor do I even want to sicken myself with backing up and wiping out the hard drive to start over with new OS. I feel the same about Adobe now as I do about Microsoft and their monopoly tactics to get you to give them more money by giving you no other option.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Hi Jacob, Just so you know, I was in a hurry and no way was able to buy an expensive product to do my artwork project. I couldn't find older TRIAL versions to download without 3rd party attached  programs & BS that could be bad to do.

But, I need to go back on the forum to say that I rebooted to try one more time and it worked. Don't know why it didn't work the first time around because it was a fresh open of Illustrator, hadn't been working on it for a month then the first time didn't work.

I don't have time to go back on the forum right now got to leave for work. You can mention you heard this from me if you want so that people aren't misinformed.

thanks for replying

-

Jacob Bugge <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Jacob Bugge http://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge created the discussion

"Re: CS3 Illustrator crashing problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5926730#5926730

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points