Skip navigation
jenpen25
Currently Being Moderated

Worried about reinstalling

Dec 2, 2013 9:31 PM

I'm getting error messages when opening my DW CS5, and when opening design view, and when trying to take just about any action. Here is a typical one:

While executing onLoad in Design Notes_onOpen.htm, the following javascript errors occurred: In file "Design Notes_onOpen"; onOpen is not defined.

I've never seen anything like this in all the years I've been using it and realised that I probably have to uninstall/reinstall. But will I need my serial number again? Where do I find it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 3, 2013 12:46 AM   in reply to jenpen25

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to jenpen25

Try removing the Configuration folder as in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\<language>\Configuration

by renaming it to Configuration131206 or similar.

To do this effectively, exit (close down) Dreamweaver, change the folder name and restart Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to jenpen25

Below is a link to the whole enchilada of JavaScript errors.

Start with #2, 4, 6, 10 & 12

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-d reamweaver-cs4.html

If that article doesn't help solve the problem, use the CS Cleaner Tool.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to jenpen25

jenpen25 wrote:

Thanks! That did it.

But I've lost my custom interface and can't remember how I set that up, three years ago...

You can open all of your panels in the Window menu, close the ones you don't need. To organize your panels, click and drag the named tab of each to the edges of the application window. Once in the right location, the edge will highlight. You can release at that point to make them "stick". You can also attach panels to other panels on the top or bottom in the same manner. Right click in the toolbar area to open/close any of the three options there (document, standard and coding). You'll need to have a document open to get the toolbar options though (any document will do).

Once you have them set up the way you like, go to...

Window > Workspace Layout > New Workspace and give it a name.

You can make as many different workspaces as you like that way, and switch between them whenever you like.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points