• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selectively Disable TOC Captivate 7

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way that I can kill the TOC on specific slides in my Captivate 7 project?

I'd like to retain the TOC on the majority of slides but would like it to be inaccessible on some.

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On using TOC in overlay mode, if you do not want TOC to be seen in any particular slide alone, then you can set OnEnter action of the slide as HideTOC and onExit action of the slide as ShowTOC.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Haridoss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but HideTOC only closes the TOC. It would still be accessible via the TOC button, and in my case via this bug: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5894739#5894739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also be careful with On Exit events, because they only occur if the last frame of the slide is visited.

There are two system variables available for the TOC: cpCmndTOCVisible and cpLockTOC. Cool!

In the slides where you want the overlay TOC to be invisible and also locked in case the user clicks on the TOC button in your playbar create this advanced (or shared) action to trigger On Enter for that slide:

• Toggle cpCmndTOCVisible
  • Toggle cpLockTOC

If you don't find the command Toggle in the dropdown list, you have to upgrade to the latest version (free). You can save this as a shared action and apply it whenever you want to change status of the TOC.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Lilybiri, unfortunately neither of those commands solve the problem I have.

• cpCmndTOCVisible will only hide the TOC until it is re-opened
  • cpLockTOC still allows the TOC to be opened, only difference is that is can't be used to navigate.

My problem requires that the TOC would need to be completely removed or made totally inactive (so it can't even be opened) from an individual screen due to the bug where drag and drop on iPad clashes with it: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5894739#5894739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources