Skip navigation
Tbanger9
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 12 upgrade

Dec 4, 2013 1:00 AM

Tags: #issue #install #installation #activation #photoshop_elements_10

I bought a Wacom Bamboo..... that came bundled with Elements 10....

Recently, I became aware of an upgrade to Elements 12. I found a reseller who sold me the upgrade at a really good price.

Trouble is, when I put the disc in, I was confronted with a Serial Number window.

The reseller told me if I had a previous version of Elements installed, there should be no problem...... I have Elements 10 installed, and there is a problem.... I can't upgrade!!!

Anybody got some advice?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 4, 2013 2:03 AM   in reply to Tbanger9

You need to register PSE10 with Adobe. That is the only way they know you are eligible for an upgrade. Go to Adobe.com and log-in with your ID at My Adobe. Browse purchase history and find product registration. Enter your serial number for PSE10. Wait for half an hour or so, for the process to complete and then you should be able to install the upgrade.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 4, 2013 2:29 AM   in reply to Tbanger9

Yes. Mul simply means multi-platform version (you can use it on Windows or mac) so are you using the correct serial number for PSE12 beginning 1057 with 24 digits?

If you still have a problem with installation, try downloading the free trial. After installation you can use the serial number from your disk packaging to validate it. It’s often an easier installation process if you are having trouble installing from disk. You start by downloading the Adobe Download Assistant then select the PSE12 product and log-in to start the download and installation. Use the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements &loc=us&PID=2159997

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 4, 2013 2:44 AM   in reply to Tbanger9

It's inside the box usually on the inner disk container.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 4, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to Tbanger9

Have you perhaps purchased a product with a redemption code? If so see this link on how to generate a serial number from a redemption code.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/serial-number-retrie val-process-faq.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Tbanger9

I found a reseller who sold me the upgrade at a really good price.

If the redemption code suggestion doesn't work, I'm concerned about this. There's almost never a 'really good price' for the upgrade version (as opposed to the full version). Are you sure you this is a legit reseller and not a pirate ship (it's not always easy to tell).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to Tbanger9

What they are telling you is wrong. There is no such thing as a PSE upgrade that installs "over" an existing version. All versions of PSE are standalone (so you would have both 10 and 12 after the installation), although some upgrade versions may ask/check for the serial number for a previous version before they will install. But every upgrade version has its own serial number and this has nothing whatever to do with having a bundled version before.

You need to contact adobe about this and I would definitely dispute the charges with your credit card company.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 5, 2013 6:22 PM   in reply to Tbanger9

Hopefully Adobe will come up with something helpful now they have started a case. Good luck with that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points