Skip navigation
Ruziyo
Currently Being Moderated

Glossary as a Pop-UP

Dec 19, 2007 5:51 AM

Hi Everybody,

As a part of my work, I need to show glossary as pop-up in the robohelp project. Now, I tried with Glossary Hot-Spot wizard in RoboHelp 7.0, but it is expanding the glossary content and its not showing as a pop-up. Pls let me know, if anybody knows how to fix this issue.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ruziyo.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2007 6:35 AM   in reply to Ruziyo
    Hi Ruziyo

Sorry, but RoboHelp of any or all versions handles the Glossary as expanding text. Not as popups. If that is the behavior you want, you will need to manually enter all terms and definitions into Text Only popups.

You should probably advise the development team that you would like to see a choice of how the Glossary Hotspot Wizard creates the terms. You may do that by clicking here and completing the form you will find there.

Cheers... Rick

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2007 7:45 AM   in reply to Ruziyo
    Hi again Ruziyo

I'm posting as my alter ego now.

If you edit your style sheet (Format > Styles) you will find entries there that control the formatting of Glossary Hotspots and Glossary Text. Change it there and all topics using that style sheet will follow suit accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2007 5:36 AM   in reply to Ruziyo
    Hi again Ruziyo

May I ask a super duper silly question?

You, um, DID recompile your .CHM file after you updated the style sheet, didn't you? Because if you didn't do that step, the changes will not be reflected inside the .CHM.

Cheers... Rick

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to RoboWizard

Has there been any further development on this functionality?  I'm using RoboHelp 9 and would also like to use pop-up hotspots instead of expanding hotpsots.

I looked through the RoboHelp 9 Help and the didn't see any options in the Wizard, but wanted to see if anyone had found a workaround.

Thanks,

Natalie

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to natjnelson

Hi, Natalie

One of the nice enhancements of RoboHelp 10 is the introduction of a Script called

Output Generator with Glossary Restyling.jsx

When you run this script you will see this dialog:

Glossary-Script.png

So, you can choose Popup or Tooltip as alternatives to the expanding hotspot!

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers