This is a problem that has me banging my head on my desk. We have a web application that still uses Flash based web forms. (Before anyone says it, I know we need to get away from the flash forms, but we cannot do this overnight.) The problem is that because IE11 no longer passes MSIE in the USER AGENT string, ColdFusion is placing an <Embed> tag instead of an <Object> tag to load the flash. I know that we could add our site to the Compatibility List, however we have too many users to guide this through. We need a solution that we can perform on our side, either modifying code, ColdFusion, or IIS. First has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone have any potential solutions?
Thanks in advance for your help.
We ran into this problem as well, and while we rolled back all our internal machines to IE10 and prevented future updates, this did nothing to help our external and client users. We wound up scrapping all Flash Forms in our two web applications (about 150+ forms total) and converted them to HTML5. Not only did that alleviate the Flash issue, the pages run about 5x faster than their Flash predecessors.
We did find a stable work around that "tells" coldfusion to render flash forms for IE 10 even though the server call is coming from IE 11. I don't believe Adobe would necessarily want the method that we were forced to use advertised. It involved adding 10 lines of CF code to the top of each page that used flash forms. It was very unorthodox and we are simply using this to buy time to get our forms off the flash platform. I would be willing to email the solution to anyone interested.