• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion does not recognize IE11 - Flash forms not working.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem that has me banging my head on my desk. We have a web application that still uses Flash based web forms. (Before anyone says it, I know we need to get away from the flash forms, but we cannot do this overnight.) The problem is that because IE11 no longer passes MSIE in the USER AGENT string, ColdFusion is placing an <Embed> tag instead of an <Object> tag to load the flash. I know that we could add our site to the Compatibility List, however we have too many users to guide this through. We need a solution that we can perform on our side, either modifying code, ColdFusion, or IIS. First has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone have any potential solutions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ran into this problem as well, and while we rolled back all our internal machines to IE10 and prevented future updates, this did nothing to help our external and client users. We wound up scrapping all Flash Forms in our two web applications (about 150+ forms total) and converted them to HTML5. Not only did that alleviate the Flash issue, the pages run about 5x faster than their Flash predecessors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in the same boat - . What version of CF are you using? I know our version is old, but -- just like getting away from flash forms -- I can't upgrade it overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did find a stable work around that "tells" coldfusion to render flash forms for IE 10 even though the server call is coming from IE 11.  I don't believe Adobe would necessarily want the method that we were forced to use advertised.  It involved adding 10 lines of CF code to the top of each page that used flash forms.  It was very unorthodox and we are simply using this to buy time to get our forms off the flash platform.  I would be willing to email the solution to anyone interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Would you mind send me your solution? I am really in need of it. Thanks a lot. [Email edited out by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please email your stable work around that "tells" ColdFusion to render flash forms for IE 10 even though the server call is coming from IE 11 to [personal data removed by mod per forum guidelines] Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RTK​, try sending a direct message to lavawater​ if you need an email response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with Chrome as well as IE11. I just cannot understand how a company that makes both CF & Flash can't make them work, and work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I would recommend scrapping the Flash forms for a variety of reasons, have you tried adding <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=9"> to the head so IE will emulate IE9. Specifying legacy document modes (Internet Explorer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you find already a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation