Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Printing pdf file freezes up, get "no response"

Dec 5, 2013 3:11 PM

When I open a pdf file and click on the print button, the print page opens for selecting what to print. I select page one. If I am slow in clicking on my selection, the file will not print, it freezes up and get message above "no response", also the hour glass shows its presence and everything freezes up. I have to close the file. There is a peculuar condition, and that is when I first open the print window to select what page to print, and I hurry and make the selection (3-4 seconds), it will print the page. However after that if I want to print another page, the whole thing has frozen up again and I have to close the file.

I have uninstalled the program and re-installed it. Lates version always. did not work

I used the cleanup program and repeated the installation. did not work

I used the print image option under advanced section, did not work

Tried to find some one to talk to for help, could not find one.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2013 10:09 PM   in reply to ulih

What is your operating system?  What is your Reader version?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to ulih

Some things to try...

• Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
    • Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
    • If you cannot open Reader by itself, try to disable Protected Mode in the registry; download, unzip, then run the attached registry script
    • It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html
    Attachments:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points