Skip navigation
Bakooba
Currently Being Moderated

transferring files in InDesign

Dec 5, 2013 4:07 PM

Tags: #indesign_cs4

I have creaded several family histories using InDesign CS4 on an older macBook.  I have now puechased a new MacBook Pro and wish to transfer my files to my new computer.  I tried using a flash drive but now all my links are missing and a few fonts.  How can I transfer these Indesign files without having to relink all my photos.  Each file has 700 or 800 photos.  I would also, maybe, try to have my files in a different location than the desk top where they used to be.  When I move my file, my links don't work.  Is there some way to be able to but these files onto my new laptop, and off of the desktop, without having to relink each photo one at a time?   I am still working on these files, and want to be able to still edit and modify them as needed, Thanks for your help.

Bakooba

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to Bakooba

On the old computer open the files and use File > Package...

You'll have to install the missing fonts on the new computer, but they'll be included in the packages. Copy the packages to the hard drive -- don't try to work from the flash drive.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 6, 2013 12:58 AM   in reply to Bakooba

Apart from that what Peter said: If the name of the internal HD and the names of the file/folder structure would be the same on both computers, it should work without packaging…

Just an idea…
    But I think I'm a little late with that ;-)

Uwe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points