• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I getting requests to reinstall Adobe Flash Player?

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After confirming a good install, enabled, Active X filtering correct, etc. and everything else, and it is enabled under "Manage Addons" I still get recurrent requests to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. The version I get from adobe is: 11.9.900.152. It shows as an installed program under Control Panel. and the version is there but it shows to be only 6.00mb and that doesn't seem right. Some times the normal red icon for Flash Player shows to far left where the normal icons are listed beside the name of the program, but some times there is a white box outlined in black, somethimes it looks like an 8 1/2 X 11in paper with the upper right corner turned down a little at a 45 degree angle. Some times the box is a rectangle oriented horizontally. But which ever, I still get recurrent requests from Newegg website and Lumosity.com website to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. I searched this problem on the web and done everything suggested and always everything is already as it is supposed to be. When I download and install Adobe Flash Player I always am requested to turn off Internet Explorer, but I supposed this is normal. Please help. Joseph Hayhurst I'm running Windows 764bit on home built computer with 12GB RAM, ASUS P6X58D-Premium motherboard, and GTX 480 video card, and Intel i7 920 2.67GHz CPU, 750W Corsair pwr. supply, Azza Solano, full tower case, and 500GB Samsung SSD. I appreciate help to fix this recurring problem. I'm having no other problems running video editing, Word, and World or WarPlanes, etc. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE11 has caused problems at dozens of websites (Yahoo, Facebook, BBC and ESPN are just a few), because it isn't recognized. Microsoft released this junk October 18, and became aware of the problems almost immediately. Six weeks later they have yet to do more than acknowledge the problem. Their recommendation is to enable Compatibility View for pages that have problems, and "pretend" you're not using IE11. Problem is; that has very limited success. I'm not big on "pretending", so I recommend you actually use another browser:
Firefox

Opera

Safari

Chrome

ANY of those will work better than IE11. Chrome has its own Flash Player built in, but the others will require the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not using IE11. My problems are with IE10 and I don’t want to switch to other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

If those don't do it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

IF repairing IE doesn't do it, I stand by my recommendation you stop using it. IE is the "problem child of browsers", and in 18 years it's never been good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found the problem with the two versions of IE one in IE32 and one is IE64. Apparently to activate the 64bit version of IE64 there is a box that needs to be checked under security. In IE click Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab> then also > Advanced tab> then scroll down to near the bottom of that and there is a section again under Security with a number of boxes to check or uncheck. Apparently to get the 64bit version of IE64 to work there needs to be a check in the box next to: Enable Enhanced Protected Mode. I've done that and I'm using the 64bit version of IE which you will find under C:\Program Files and the 32 bit version is under :  C:\Program Files(x86) from there you can get an Internet Explorer icon to each on your desktop. So far this has stopped the recurrent requests to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. But under Control Panel there is still a prominent red icon for Adobe Flash Player (32-bit). And further under control panel> programs and features> under the list of installed programs Adobe Flash Player is still listed as the same version 11.9.900.152 and shown as a 6.00mb program while the 64bit Adobe Flash Player they say they are going to install is a 16.2mb version. I'm not at all sure how this is working or if it will continue to work. I used the Newegg and Lumosity websites today and neither one asked me to reinstall Adobe Flash Player, but it seems that if I really had the 64bit version of Adobe Flash Player installed it should say it is a 16.2mb program. If this stops working I'll try the 318378 Microsoft you suggested. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd. Usually EEP mode disables plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines