Skip navigation
Foley25
Currently Being Moderated

Deprecated API Usage

Dec 6, 2013 12:22 AM

Tags: #appstore #mac_problem

Hello,

I have recently send my app for submission to App Store and it got rejected with this message:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "App".   To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Deprecated API Usage -  Apple no longer accepts submissions of apps that use QuickTime APIs.

Once   these issues have been corrected,   go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team

I am using AIR Runtime for my application. What could be the problem ? Can anybody advise how to fix this ?

Thanks!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 6, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to Foley25

update your air for ios version and see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 6, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to Foley25

then you'll need to wait for a newer air release that doesn't use quicktime or use some other framework to build your app.

unfortunately, making changes without prior warning is standard apple operating procedure.  my guess is a lot of ios frameworks are going to be having the same problem until the frameworks are updated to comply with apple's latest demands.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to Foley25

Have you had any feedback from Adobe on when/if there is going to be a fix for this issue?  I am also seeing it when creating apps with Flash Builder and it means it is impossible to release or update any apps to the Mac app store!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to Foley25

Have you had any further updates or found a workaround? 

This seems like a pretty big issue for developing AIR apps for the Mac app store (i.e. you now can't) but the lack of noise around this makes me think that maybe not many people do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 5:55 AM   in reply to Foley25

I agree it is a huge problem - question is, how many Mac developers are there out there using AIR?  The issue on bugbase doesn't seem to be getting too many votes:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3680732

so either it isn't being used much or a whole bunch of developers are going to get a shock next time they try to do an update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 8:39 AM   in reply to Foley25

Did you get the SDK from the Apache open source project? That version number doesn't sound right to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:46 AM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

Independently of Foley25 I am getting the same result, and I am using Flash Builder / AIR  3.9 latest live release instead of Flash Pro.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points