Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Re-installing Extension Builder 2.1

Dec 7, 2013 11:12 AM

Tags: #!flash_builder #extension_builder_2.1

Hello, I was experiencing Workspace errors and decided to re-install Flash Builder 4.6 and Extension Builder 2.1.

EB2.1 includes Flash Builder 4.6.

I uninstalled everything.

When I reinstall it and try to import the project I was working on I find that I no longer have CS SDK 3.4 or 4.5 (only 3.6 and 4.6).

Also, the references to ${CSLIBS} and ${CSAR} are gone.

Is this being installed correctly?

Do I have to add all these manually? How do I do so?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Dmtiriy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2013 11:11 PM   in reply to mityaf

Hi mityaf:

I could not regenerate your issue locally. Did you run into any errors during the installation?

My guess is that when you uninstall the application, some garbage left there and caused your problem. I suggest you do this:

1. Uninstall the application, DELETE THE FOLDER "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6" if it's still there.

2. Clean the registry. Do a search in regedit and search for Extension Builder, delete all the keys and values related.

3. Install it again.

If you want to work around the issue manually, try below steps:

1. If you want to use FlexSDK 3.4 and 4.5, you should be able to find them at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eb21\plugins\com.adobe.cside.flexsdk_2.1.0.20130425\flexsdk". You can add them to "Installed Flex SDKs" in Windows->Flash Builder.

2. In project properties dialog, choose using a specific SDK in the "Flex Compiler" page.

3. In Resource->Linked Resources page, make sure there are following Path Variables:

CSAR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eb21\plugins\com.adobe.cside.libsinstaller_2.1.0.20130425\archive \csar-1.0

CSLIBS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eb21\plugins\com.adobe.cside.libsinstaller_2.1.0.20130425\archive \cslibs

J.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points