• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constant warp stabilizer crash with CC AE

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used warp stabilizer a lot in the past, and don't recall it ever crashing. Today, it will does nothing but crash. I have warp stabilizer with 4 different pieces of footage, and every attempt results in a crash. On two occassions, immediately after completing the analyzing process (1st step) AE went into auto-save mode, but the progress indicator never started. Activity seemed to cease for 3+ minutes, so I assumed the worst and chose to force quit. Other attempts simply crash immediately after the analysis step.

The footage I have tried to stabilize is 1920 x 1080 MTS and MOV files. I have worked with the files before, and they play back fine, showing no sign of corruption. FWIW, I tested one of the video files in CC Premiere Pro and warp stabilizer worked without crashing.

I rebooted my Mac, cleared all AE caches, rebooted AE a second time, tried to stabilize new footage, but same results.

My machine is a Mac 5,1 with 32GB RAM, OS X 10.8, CC AE 12.1.0.168

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have cleaned out everything and you have plenty of disk space for the cache I would first try changing your memory and MP settings. Give plenty of memory to other apps because warp stabilizer is another app.

If that fails I'd try rendering your files to a suitable DI (digital intermediate) with a production codec that is lossless or nearly lossless and try stabilizing that.

I'd also trim the clips to just the part that you are going to use in the final production to limit the memory and cache requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - Thanks for the reply. I have 32 GB on my 6-core Mac. Any suggestions on how I should allocate my memory settings?

I am having crashes with ONLY After Effects and the Mac's finder open. I'm not clear about how AE manages memory for plug-ins, but I haven't changed memory settings and never had a problem with warp stabilizer and larger files in the past.

The footage I am trying to stabilize is quite short (less than 20 seconds long). I have stabilized much longer footage in the past, so I rendering to another codec to solve a problem that I never had before seems rather extreme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that concerns me is that AE frequently jumps to auto-save mode at the very completion of the anaylisis phase, regardless of how long ago that last auto save was performed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have my 32GB of RAM allocated as allow 20 GB for other applications. This is with constants warp stablizer crashing, so I treid "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" turned off but still have crashes.

Viewing the "Memory & Multiprocessing Details" tab, I see this:

Min Needed Memory is 0.40

Max Usable Memory is 32.00

Max Allowed Memory is 22.00

Current Memory is 0.30

Current Priority is 2 - Normal.

This is with no files, compositions or projects open in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep experimenting with different memory settings, but still no progress. I have bumped up memory allocation for "other application" to 24GB, to allow warp stabilizer to run, but it still imediately goes into auto save mode and never finished the moment the warp stablizer analysis is done. It never gets to the 2nd phase of the process, and never finishes auto-saving. I have never had "other applications" memory allocation this high, and yet warp stabilizer still won't work. Very frustrating, as warp stabilizer, with much lower memory allocation has never failed me until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting no where with CC AE, I tried the same files with CS6 AE and warp stablizer worked as expected. I duplicated my CS6 memory settings in CC AE, but the problem remains. Every single time it reaches the end of the analysis phase it immediately goes into auto-save mode, even if auto-save is disabled.

One thing I noticed that is different is that the details page aeselflink data (processors?) for CC AE, but CS6 doesn't show this info. The current memory and priority values also differ. Does this give clues to why CC AE is behaving badly?

CS6 After Effects memory details:

Installed RAM: 32.00 GBCurrent RAM Usage: 0.98 GBAllowed RAM Usage: 28.00 GB

Process IDApplication NameMin Needed MemoryMax Usable MemoryMax Allowed MemoryCurrent MemoryCurrent Priority
614After Effects0.000.0028.000.003 - Low
623aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

625aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

627aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

630aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

624aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

628aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

629aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

626aeselflink3.003.003.000.12

CC After Effects memory details:

Installed RAM: 32.00 GBCurrent RAM Usage: 0.33 GBAllowed RAM Usage: 28.00 GB

Process IDApplication NameMin Needed MemoryMax Usable MemoryMax Allowed MemoryCurrent MemoryCurrent Priority
543After Effects0.4032.0028.000.331 - High

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, if I take the project with footage I successfully warp stabilized using CS6 and open it in CC AE, it will RAM preview without fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pay attention for an update late this week that has some bug fixes that may be relevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd - Thanks. In the meantime, I can use CS6 to warp stabilize footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem in AE CC. It crashes right after it gets done analyzing the footage for warp stabalizer. A save dialog box will come up and it will just sit there and I have to force quit AE. I'm running the newest version of AE CC 12.2.0.52. So it seems the update didn't get rid of this problem.

The footage I'm trying to stabalized it a timelapse sequence from a Canon 5D3. So its a bunch of CR2 files that are getting working on. AE CS6 never had a problem like this. I'm reinstalling AE CS6 because it seems like its the only solution to this problem at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto ditto ditto

i have the same autosave stall, (which i have even turned off) happening directly after warp stabilisation. i have updated to 12.2 and still the same error. i seriously doubt its anything to do with the memory allocations tho tomorrow i shall try it.

i do prefer the cc warp btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, some formats and some shots will just not solve well. This can cause a crash. Trying to warp stabilize a shot from a boat on open water is one example. With nothing stable in the frame the calculations can be so complex that the solution is unavailable.

If you think your shot should stabilize because there is a lot of fixed geometry in the shot and you're still getting crashes then try rendering an image sequence using jpgs and stabilize the sequence. Try cutting down the length of the shot. Try another shot. Generally, if the footage can be stabilized and the shot is short enough that you don't run out of system resources, Warp Stabilizer works quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect crashes with Warp Stabilizer may be related where cache files are written. After a recent AE CC update I started to experience crashes with Warp Stablizer. I noticed that the update changed my disk cache to a folder within my user Library in my Mac's OS system, which is on a SSD. Previous, this cache was set to a dedicated scratch disk on a seperate hard drive. After switching the disk cache back to the scratch disk, Warp Stabilizer stopped crashing. I need to test this further, but so far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for thoroghness Iv'e tried  a radically reduced memory allocation to after effects so that it can leave more memory available for warp which is unfortunatly not recognised by after effects as part of its memory allocation????? this seems like a really round about the houses approach to using one of AFX's inbuild modules, i would much prefer after effects to simple allocate memory to all modules and effects that are a part of of after effects.

this time it did not bring up a disabling autosave loop but instead failed on the stabilization part 2 of the proceddure.

i then tried the identical (exported for cs6) warp in CS6 and it handled it easily.

This is definatly a bug in AFX 12.

in the past i have warped way way more complex shots and pushed the effect beyond its parameters to great and interesting effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the months pass by and i still cannot find a cure for for this.

i have investigated further and discovered it is machine specific.

a fresh install of the cc suit does not fix it.

neither does purging the system of all older adobe installs and prefs

afx works very well in all other tasks, yet no mater how small the clip, it will always hang in an attempt to save (AUTOSAVE OFF) after using warp stabilizer....

its a system with an unsupported nvidia gtx 660 but fine with cs6 and all other functions.

last consol message before hang is

06/04/2014 20:45:47.594 spindump[13629]: After Effects [11291] didn't gather any samples due to audio running

MYSTERY

HELP

Mr Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of you hare having problems with a clip crashing your system for any reason load the clip into the Adobe Media Encoder and then transcode it to a frame based production codec like QuickTime Jpeg and make sure the audio is either set to 16Bit 48Khz linear or turned off. Try again.

Your problems are most likely caused entirely by the codec used to record the movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks rick

yet i have tried this with many different clips, formats, file sizes etc.

Any clip, set to warp, results in a save loop.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm on a new Mac Pro and AE CC is crashing if I give it more than one clip to process with warp stabilizer. Yes I have tried all suggestions and even had Adobe's support look at it and they never came back to me with a solution. Someone please tell me there is a fix on the way for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anylizing1.jpgWSsave stall crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RIGHT

tested, replicated and isolated but not fixed,

so i have afx working on a new laptop but it goes into the save loop of death on the desktop.

i completly deleted as much of residula adobe installations as possible, using both the adobe uninstallers and the adobe cleaner. i thien hand removed everything else i could find and made a fresh install of adobe CC.

i still got the loop of death after running warp.

suspecting it might be a hardware issue on the dektop i then cloned the 10.9 system from working laptop and booted the desktop from a known working install.

it worked.

therefore, its somthing clashing in desktop system......

i may try a fresh systen install next on the desk but its such a pain to then get everything else back up to speed....

hmmmmmmmm

curious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the same clips working fine in CS6 on my 2010 MBP, much slower, but doesn't crash!WS test CS6.jpg

Please acknowledge this bug Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WS test CS6_3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if this issue has been looked at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines