Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Update problems

Dec 9, 2013 2:57 PM

I have spent over an hour with a tech from Adobe who had access to my system trying to get the update from PPRo and AE to the latest versions to no avail. When I told the tech he was doing what I have already done several times with no sucess he simply, without a word, disconnected and hung up on me. I suppose that's a different issue that concerns the company. Has anyone had similar failure issues trying to update, and if so were you able to resolve, and how? Thanks folks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

There have been a few reports of problems in this vein, and several different causes isolated. For instance:

Summarizing the steps that you've already tried will help avoid having people here suggest solutions that are no good in your case.

Also, what's the exact nature of the failure? Do you get any error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Is this the update that you downloaded: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5631.

That's the current update for CS6: 6.0.5.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Give it time, Eugene.  Staff participation is voluntary on their own time, and never guaranteed.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Hi Eugene J Kulak,

Please follow the steps below and check if that helps.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory

Rename 1.0 folder in the above location to old1.0. Then restart the machine, launch CC Application and sign out and sign in again. Try to update the product directly from the creative cloud app again. If it fails, try it manually as well.

If you have followed these steps then follow the KB Article mentioned in the link below. If you get any error message while checking the log files then please mention it in your reply.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc. html

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 7:46 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Hi Eugene J Kulak,

The Program Data folder is hidden folder, so go to the folder>view option and select show hidden folder and files option. Check the screenshot for going to folder and search option.

folder.PNG

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Hi Eugene J Kulak,

Please go to the link below and choose your Product and update to install it again. It might happen that the downloaded version of the update may be correct. Please restart the machine and try to sign out and sign in again from the CC Application again.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Hi Eugene J Kulak,

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud. Go to the below link, sign in, if required, and then install a fresh copy of Creative Cloud application. Once it is done, try to install the updates.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to Eugene J Kulak

Have you tried creating a new User account?  Make sure it's an Admin account.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points