Skip navigation
Warboys
Currently Being Moderated

Can't select or deselect in Fireworks CS6 (Mac version)

Dec 11, 2013 12:10 AM

Tags: #mac #selection #cs6 #deselection

Hey guys,

So for most of the day everything was working fine, then suddenly I can't select or deselect items. Well, technically I can by DRAGGING as I select (which is very inconvenient) but there's no work around for editing text (which requires a double-click on the object).

It sounds exactly the same as this bug posted for Fireworks CS5;

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/755820

Now, I have Spotify installed but I've restarted without it running and yesterday there were no problems with Fireworks at all... so I doubt it's Spotify related. Everything else sounds the same though.

I've restarted, un-installed and reinstalled the program and closed all media programs I can see. Still broken. Quite possibly something else is interfering with it but I have no idea what (since I haven't installed anything new)

This is preventing me from finishing a pretty important piece of work, so I'd REALLY appreciate a response.

Thanks guys

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to Warboys

I got the same problem.  Come on. Adobe.  You got all the money from creative cloud and you are not willing to spend money to make sure your update doesn't break major funtciton?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 10, 2014 7:42 AM   in reply to Warboys

I was seeing the same thing and after going through Activity Monitor and quitting one thing after another I found my problem was being caused by AirServer. It must have been an update they pushed out as I've had that installed for a long time and not had the problem. I confirmed this by taking AirServer out of my startup items and rebooting the machine and Fireworks still worked as it should. Very happy to have things back to normal.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points