Skip navigation
jghrosen
Currently Being Moderated

Still no Thumbnails in Bridge CC

Dec 12, 2013 5:08 AM

Tags: #bridge

I can not see camera raw thumbnails in Bridge cc, I have purged cache, when I do I can see thumbnails for about

10 seconds then only Icons. I have CS6 and it works fine, what do I need to dso to get this to work in Bridge cc

Any help would be appreciated this is very frustratingScreen shot.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to jghrosen

When you view files in Content Pane does it show all images without thumbnails, or just raw images?

Can you open the raw images?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to jghrosen

In View what check marks do you see?

Where do you have your cache set to?  How much space is the cache occupying?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to jghrosen

Don't  know if it is screen shot or not, but in Preferences/cache it looks like options are grayed out, as well as the button for compact cache and purge cache.  Which leads me to believe there is no cache established.

Assuming you have the cache on C drive for both CS6 and CC go to the location and see what differences you observe.  In CS6 if you click on Cache you should see folders for 256, 1024, data, full.  Depending on how you have your thumbnals set up you should see files there.

Do you have at least 15% free space on C?  For a 700g drive that would be 100g free.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to jghrosen

When you click on 1024 in each cache do you have files listed?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to jghrosen

If you click on the file does it show all the folder thumbnails?  Should be same for CS6 and CC.  If it does the the only thing left is to reset prefernces in CC.  Hold down ctrl key and start bridge CC.  You should get a reset window.  Choose all 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to jghrosen

When you open a folder in CC does the wheel in lower left spin to create thumbnails?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to jghrosen

Select a folder with raw and jpg images.  Go to Tools/cache/purge cache for xxx folder.  It will rebuild the thumbnails and in lower left corner you will see a spinning arrow showing it is working on it.  Wait until arrow stops spinning.

When you open a raw image what version shows in upper left corner of ACR window?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 6:44 AM   in reply to jghrosen

jghrosen wrote:

Yes the arrow spins then stops and nothing. When I double click to open a raw image it wont open, I have to right click and tell it to open with Photoshop. I dont see any information on version on any kind

If you do the above with a raw image it will open in camera raw.  Upper left corner with will show the version.  You can not open a raw image in photoshop directly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 7:04 AM   in reply to jghrosen

If you have not reset the preferences do that now.  Hold down the ctrl key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window.  Choose all 3 optons.  If this does not solve problem you need to uninstall Bridge CC, run the CC Cleaner, then reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to jghrosen

Getting frustrated as you frequently do not follow through on the previous suggestion.  Perhaps you do not understand what I am asking.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points