Skip navigation
helpitsbroken
Currently Being Moderated

Cursor ceases to respond when Photoshop is open.

Dec 12, 2013 12:46 PM

Tags: #photoshop #laptop #tablet #cursor #photoshop_issues #tablet_laptop #cursor_freezes #stops_moving

Hi,

So, I've looked around for a while now online, hoping someone else has had this problem, but I've seen nothing that addresses it. 

Problem:  When I open up Photoshop, my cursor stops responding to my stylus and just sits there like it wants a treat.  The cursor responds when Photoshop is closed, minimized, or not the selected window, but as soon as Photoshop is the selected window the cursor ceases to respond again.  It does, however, respond to the laptop mouse pad.  It also has this issue with Zbrush, but works fine with everything else on my computer.  This issue just randomly started one day (hadn't turned off the computer, only brought it back from sleep mode).

System specs:

Tablet Laptop: HP Elitebook 2760p

Driver: Wacom Tablet PC - Enhanced Graphics Driver 7.0.9-5

OS:  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1, Fully up to date with Windows Update

Photoshop: CS5

Attempted solutions: 

- First attempted a system restore, no luck.

- Next attempted to reinstall tablet driver, no change.

- Next attempted to install other versions of that driver and tried a few other drivers I had run across when trying to fix past problems.

- Reinstalled original driver.

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CS5

None of these attempts has born any fruit.  I checked to see if it was just Photoshop, but the issue also occurs in Zbrush.  However, it works fine with every other program.  I know that the driver I am using can be considered out of date, which is why I tried others.  I am using that driver because it was the only one that solved a problem I had previously which was photoshop not responding to pressure changes with the tablet.  Laptop came installed with a generic Wacom driver.

Hope somebody can help me out here.  Thanks for taking a look.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points