• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfer CF9 file system to new server?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a setup a new server running ColdFusion 9. We have installed ColdFusion and now I'm wondering how I would transfer the file system to the new server and use it as our Intranet server so we can demise the old server. After the ColdFusion install the CFIDE folder is in a different location on the new server. If I copy the old files to this directory (this is where our current files are stored) how do I point ColdFusion to this directory so we can use the new server for our Intranet? New to this so any information would be appreciated greatly.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johnny,

I am not sure, if this is still unresolved, but here is what you can try:-

1. Copy the old files to a directory on the new server.
  2. Create a website pointing to this directory.
  3. Use the webserver connector tool to create a connector to the site.

Note:- Make sure that the CFIDE resides in the directory(web root) or ColdFusion root(In that case, you will have to enable the internal port) in case you would like to access CF Admin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anit. All made sense adn worked. I've got a couple issues left that i haven't figured out. ColdFusion Collections on the cfadmin page gives me an error when optimizing my Verity Collection. Says "An error occurred while performing an operation in the Search Engine library. Error switching collection offline.: com.verity.api.administration.ConfigurationException: Failed to find configuration key. (-6005)"

I can't find anything in regards to this error yet. I do know that all my links on the new Intranet server dropped a directory for the file locations. Not sure if this error above has any correlation with this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of ColdFusion you are using as CF 9.0.2 is without Verity?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running ColdFusion version 9.0.0.0. I don't want to upgrade because we plan to demise this in a couple years time. Our old server fell over so we created this one to carry us through for a couple more years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you check that the k2 server is actually running. You can do a ./cfsearch start. If still doesn't work, reinstall verity by running uninstall_verity.bat and then install_verity.bat. Make sure CF is shutdown before doing and start after verity is started.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation