Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DWCC File:Open tries to use EVERY OTHER APPLICATION to open file

Dec 12, 2013 4:57 PM

Hi

I'm on Dreamweaver CC and when I go to open a file it tried using my CS6, CS5.5, CS5 and finally CS4 versions of Dreamweaver to open the file (a .cfm file). I uninstalled ALL of those files and now, when in Dreamweaver CC I go to File: Open it automatically opens Apple Numbers, attempting to open the file.

Anyone know how to actually open a file with Dreamweaver and get Dreamweaver to actually open it?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to richardELeach

.cfm files are "Cold Fusion Markup" files and in windows you need to

designate a default program to open them.  I don't use Apple MACs so I

shall leave this to Ben Pleysier to help you how to create a default

program to open these files.

Why can't you start using a Windows System that has good customer

support around here and on Microsoft forums

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 6:09 AM   in reply to richardELeach

DWCC removed ColdFusion support. You're supposed to get the Adobe CF Builder now.

You "can" still open CF files, but it takes a little more effort...

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/open-coldfusion-drea mweaver-cc.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

this is such a bad decision by adobe... I'm a website designer/business owner, not a programmer. I don't have time to learn another adobe software tool when I've been using DW for 14 years. I may discontinue my CC subscription and downgrade to an older version that I own.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to mikelb

If you don't want to add the Legacy Extension or get the paid extensions from DMXZone, and you're a CC subscriber, you can have both DWCS6 (with database functionality by default) and DWCC installed at the same time under the same subscription (no additional cost). They just don't run at the same time.

Here's how you add DWCS6 through the Creative Cloud...

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-cr eative-applications.html

Maybe if enough people request that the database features get added back, Adobe would return them to the program? It's happened with other features.

Here's the official form: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to richardELeach

yes, i cant think of a better way for Adobe to close out the remaining businesses like mine that own and operate ColdFusion Servers. this maybe the final straw to go php. On with Adobe tech suppport and they're advising to rename the .cfm extention to .htm so I can work in DW. stupid or insane?!? but I would be renaming files all day as our CMS has over .cfm 500 files.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

Hi Jon,

I love dmxzone... have serveral of their extensions... can you direct me to the paind extension from DMXZone? thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points