Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export XML wrong sequence

Dec 12, 2013 5:58 PM

I'm trying to export a sequence as XML, but no matter what I try, it exports the wrong sequence.  I've tried selecting the sequence in the project panel, then hitting export, and I've also tried opening the timeline and exporting from there.

The sequence being exported is actually used at one point in the sequence I want to export, otherwise I would just delete it temporarily.

I'm using Premiere CC 7.2.

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to Elliott B.

    Hi Elliott B.

     

    Please close all the timelines and then highlight the project panel (without selecting any sequence), then go to File>Export and export the Final Cut Pro XML.

     

     

    Regards,

     

    Vinay

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2013 6:57 PM   in reply to Elliott B.

    Hi Elliott B. ,

     

    I will try your workflow at my end. I'm glad that you found the workaround.

     

    Happy Editing!!

     

    Regards,

     

    Vinay

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2013 6:10 PM   in reply to Elliott B.

    I am having perhaps a similar problem.  I created a sequence with a number of video streams that I turned into a multicam sequence.  I then attempted to export the XML for the multicam sequence to resolve, but only came to grief.  I figured out on my own (confirmed by some helpful YouTube videos by http://www.youtube.com/user/jesseborkowski ) that I needed to flatten the multicam video, but it still insisted on exporting the XML for the underlying nested sequence, not the flattened multicam sequence.

     

    I, too, found a work-around, which is to also flatten the audio track created with the multicam sequence.  It appears that without flattening this already flat track,  it is "tainted" with a reference to the original multitrack sequence, and does not belong to the containing sequence.  As a former programmer, it is obvious to me that Premier Pro has implemented an undocumented trump function, whereby if there are two sequences in a project, one wins.  Perhaps one wins by having been the first to have been created.  Perhaps one wins by being the last to update some variable.  What *should* happen is that Premier Pro should detect that there's a potential conflict and either (1) ask for the user to chose between two divergent timelines, or (2) export both timelines properly, and let the user who imports the XML choose which timeline to accept.  Presently, Premier Pro seems to export only one sequence, and always the wrong one.

     

    This should be an easy fix.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2013 12:34 AM   in reply to Michael Tiemann

    About three weeks back I tried to export an edl as I'd done in the past ... as at the time the dl-to-Sg wasn't always working right. I could NOT get an export that way. Tried XML ... and got the same thing: it "finished" exporting almost immediately, but the file was only and ALWAYS 14kb ... and of course, absolutely nothing there to open in Sg.

     

    Had no clue ... so I simply went back to dl'ing over to Sg. The sequence was pretty dang simple, about 10 clips stitched together with basic 1-sec transitions between clips and only one mask on two successive clips.

     

    So .. .when I saw this thread mentioning that 14kb XML output, it was exactly the same size I got.

     

    Neil

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points