Skip navigation
StaceyAmbrosio
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge not saving toning/applying post production - like 20K images to tone!!

Dec 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Hi - Am desperate - have 10 weddings to do post production on and my bridge is acting up.

I am having a bridge isssue - when I apply the toning/cropping/color correction to images and press done it is not saving the work. In addition when I do the work in bridge and then choose save as it just save them as untoned JPGSs. It does not apply the raw conversion or xmp data.

In addition it is only happening in half the images in the folders not all of them. And it's not camera specific it's random.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey@Ambrosiophotography.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to StaceyAmbrosio

Bridge is manily a flie browser.  You should be doing your editing it PS, but then I am not an expert.

Most issues of not saving work is OS permission issues.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2013 1:04 AM   in reply to StaceyAmbrosio

I am having a bridge isssue - when I apply the toning/cropping/color correction to images and press done it is not saving the work. In addition when I do the work in bridge and then choose save as it just save them as untoned JPGSs. It does not apply the raw conversion or xmp data.

Bridge is only a file browser without editing capacities (except the export panel but that has been discontinued in Bridge CC) and reflects the content of your folders. If you make changes in ACR using either selecting via PS  or via Bridge any changes should be visible wether you have hit done or save in ACR.

If you have other results, especially random difference it looks like a cache problem to me. So point the Content panel to a problem folder and use menu tools / cache / purge cache for folder and check if this solves your problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2013 3:31 AM   in reply to StaceyAmbrosio

Where are the problem images? Are they on a removable drive? Are they Read-only? Are there permissions problems in the image folders? Can you write to the folders manually (say to create a text file)?

If you don't have time to experiment, it might be worth changing Camera Raw settings to use the CR database instead of writing XMP to the file/sidecar. You might not be able to export the settings later if you need to though. (Someone else might be able to confirm this)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points