Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Does Elements have a 'vector' tool to create unique shapes.

Dec 13, 2013 5:47 AM

I've used Photoshop 5 for 14+ years now and was forced to switch to Photoshop Elements 11 when we installed new computers at work recently. It seems to be missing an important tool (for me) that I can't seem to find. I don't know the official name but I called it a "vector" tool. You could draw custom curved and straight lines between set points to create a unique shape. Does it exist or is there a newer way to do the same task?

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to TDeane23

    TDeane23 wrote:


    Or do I really need Photoshop CC?

    I think so. There is no equivalent to the 'pen tool' in CS. At most you can combine different pre-defined shapes, or you can use add-ons like Elements+ to convert selections or text to shapes. You won't find the points to draw Bezier curves.

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points