Skip navigation
Skulpa
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrade Question

Dec 13, 2013 6:09 AM

Hi,

I work for a small company and currently two of us are using CS5.5 (same software, installed on two separate computers). We're interested in purchasing one upgrade to CS6 that we would use on both of our computers. However, we're also looking at bringing on two new employees. Once we've upgraded to CS6, would our new employees be able to install and use our old CS5.5 software? And, would they be able to upgrade (obviously purchased separately) to CS6 at a later time? I'm not sure how it would work. I know you can install the software on two separate computers, but I'm not sure what happens once you upgrade. Could someone then download and use the old software?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Shawna

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2013 6:15 AM   in reply to Skulpa

What you propose is a clear violation of the license. It's one license

per user and the upgrade is tied to the previous version.

If you have four users you might want to look into Creative Cloud for teams.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2013 6:47 AM   in reply to Skulpa

In addition to Bob's comment about upgrading, you are allowed to install InDesign on two computers, but they can't be two computers in use at the same time by two different people.

Installing on two computers was created so that one person could work on the program at their office and then go home and use the program on a different machine.

But it's not supposed to be for two people working side by side.

The way I see it, after upgrading to CS6, you would only be able to install the software on one machine in that one office.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points