• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing Size of Postscript file

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert my original Post script file (named as SMALL.PS) to another PS file. For this currently I converting it to PDF and than PDF again to PS. This procedure takes a long time and the PS file thus created is also 5-6 times larger than orginal.

Possible solutions I am looking for:-

(1) PS to PS:-

Any tool that could properly convert PS to PS. I tried GS and Total PDF convertor TPF produced large size File and GS , quality was not good.

(2) Than I converted PS to PDF and than PDF to PS using Verypdf PDF to Vector but output PS file is 6-7 times larger.

Can anyone please suggest that what Data/Code Inside should I delete to trim down the size of my LARGE PS file. I think that there is enough redundant code inside the large size that could be deleted to make it smaller.

Alternatively can anyone please suggest any tool which make PDF to PS small file with speed maintaing the quality of Image too.

Here is my original PDF file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q8aa8s46zv1ssf/Small.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy49xi7spv1xzvw/Small.ps

Here is my Bigger size file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u09jyc7dzkz4gl1/Large%20File.PS

Thanks

Regards

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right that there is redundant code, but that may not help. Many PostScript files contain very large preludes defining many procedures. In any given file, many of these will not be needed for that particular job. But removing them is a time-consuming process of trial and error even for a PostScript expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason for the size of your "Large File.ps" is that your conversion process included all the needed font files. These account for about 52% of the total size.

But what is your real reason for converting the original PS file to another one?

Helge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,Sir Actually I text manipulated the original file using some application as I dont want to show the user that what & where I have made Changes since my original PS file is simple to understand.

After manipulation I am taking my original file to PDF using GS view and again from PDF to PS using PDF2VEC. But the file size created is too big as comapred to the original.

Can you please Tell What exact Lines (Line Numbers) that can be deleted to make it trim. Also please if anybody has Idea to convert PS to PS of smaller size will be appreciable.

REgards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To identify the lines that are not needed is a very time consuming job for a PostScript expert. You ask too much, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines