• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noisy Transitions

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a new bug with the 7.2 update, such that audio transitions applied to the beginning of a clip will produce a very loud buzz, but only when you play from before the start of that clip.  If you start playback at the beginning of that clip, it seems to work fine.  It also does not seem to affect audio transitions between clips, or at the end of clips.

I'm seeing this using AVCHD media on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

7.2.1 update is now live. This update addresses the Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present as well as other bugs. See more detailts here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5945314#5945314

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue here. Tested it on avchd, mxf and hdv.

Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens wrote:

No issue here. Tested it on avchd, mxf and hdv.

Windows 8.

I have to retract that statement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.  I'm using uncompressed audio from Sony FS700 .MTS clips.  It happens even with audio clips which are disabled in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I'm getting this with AVCHD media (GH2 files) on OS X 10.9.

On headphones it's quite horrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are aware of this issue and are investigating. Thank you for providing details.

Sorry the the inconvenience.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in. On an 2011 iMac editing AVCHD footage with lots of cross dissolve transitions and exponential fades (and maybe a few constant power fades?) I was just scrubbing through the timeline when that noise hit. Lasted about 3 seconds. It was an old project and it scared the crap out of my 2 year old who was in the room so I closed the project and I'm not going back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we go back to the previous version 7.1. I have a project that needs to be turned in today. This is not a good thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of going backwards, just keyframe the volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be no need... my audio transitions sound fine when I exported it to a final file. It's just broken when you try play/preview the timeline within Premiere.

Another way I got around this problem is to duplicate the audio track and then just mute the upper copy. I found that the problem doesn't happen if there's two audio transitions stacked.

Of course, your results may differ from mine... hope it helps.

-Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrrrggg!  I want to update to 7.2 but I'll hold off until Adobe fixes this issue surrounding audio transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ironically Pierre...I put these issues down to feature creep!

Too much attention paid to new features (FR's) and non vital "fixes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, just less than perfect QC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to write a script that converts all audio transitions to keyframes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't yet seen this apply to all transitions, only to those at the head of a clip.  Transitions between or at the end of clips seem to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to chime in again and say that the audio noises are most definitely making their way to the exports. They sound different than on playback - some are total dropouts, some sounds like stutters/garbles, etc. I haven't been able to get a clean export without removing all audio transitions.

My machine:

Mac Pro 5,1 Mid 2010

Mavericks 10.9

All media ProRes (LT)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does it on export as well. Will try the duplicating audio track but looking like I need to go back a version. Anyway to download 7.1?

Friday the 13th never fails to come through.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but wouldn't it just be easier to keyframe tranisitions at the heads of clips rather than downgrading the software? I too am having the issue with transitions, but manual keyframes are working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been hearing these noises in the exports too, although it's not nearly as loud as it is in the timeline.

Another workaround is to sent the whole sequence to Audition and back.  Since I was finished with the edit, that was easier than manually keyframing all the transitions in a long sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be easier for a few transitions, but some people may have a large number of them across several projects and sequences.

In a more broad sense, imagine this were a bug that had no work around. There should be a way to roll back to (or reinstall) old versions when these kinds of issues happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some people may have a large number of them

You can create a preset to make he job easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experienceing the same issue at the start of my clips that have a transition added to them. Really handy to be able to use transitions rather than keyframes for speed. Noises I am experiencing though are not as described above. It is more of a bouncing noise like a spring from a door stop being flicked (hope that made sense) I have an example which I can post to help illustrate if necessary. It seems to affect the Constant Power transition at the start of clip only. It's really annoying also as it is only happening after export via AME. It isn't present in project in Premiere Pro but once I have output I am having to watch the entire project thorugh and picking out where ths issue has occurred. That's the other thing it isn't happening every transition only every so often??

I have gone back to keyframing volume level with pen tool for now but would love to know more about presets for this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 96.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, simply calling this an "uncomfortable noise" is the biggest understatement I've ever heard. I literally thought my ears were gonna bleed after it happened, or at least hearing damage. This is not just a bug fix to make editing easier, this is a health issue. An email should have been sent with a warning. Not cool, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was first reported on Dec13th last year at which time Jim quoted 10 days for the solution. Its now TWO AND A HALF MONTHS later and it's still wreaking havoc in prodution houses, including ours.

We still cannot download the earlier version of Premiere because the site says we "do not have permission" - Jim, can  you at least post a WORKING link to the old version so we can roll back and finally put  this behind us.

And can you give us an ACCURATE ETA for a fix??

Like others I feel uncomfortable with the health implications of blasting an ear-bleeding noise into the heads of my employees - its a workplace health and safety issue that simply cannot continue. It could well be argued that Adobe is neglegent.

ERROR WHEN DOWNLOADING:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PPRO/7/osx10-64/PremierePro_7_LS20.dmg?" on this server.

Reference #18.6dcc387d.1394107504.26191e4

from

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PPRO/7/osx10-64/PremierePro_7_LS20.dmg?PID=2159997

And yes we have followed the instructions at http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines