Skip navigation
misscwaslike
Currently Being Moderated

Liquify won't apply

Dec 14, 2013 11:02 PM

Tags: #photoshop #liquify #cc

My Photoshop CC no longer lets me liquify. This is a tool / filter I often use and all of a sudden it won't let me use it. A window will still pop up with my liquifying tools but when I choose one and try to move things, it doesn't do anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to misscwaslike

Please read this and proceed accordingly:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

Is your GPU driver up to date?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by pressing command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift while starting Photoshop until the appropriate dialog appears after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 1:30 AM   in reply to misscwaslike

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to misscwaslike

I unchecked it and it still does not make a difference.

Just to make sure: Did you restart Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 10:44 PM   in reply to c.pfaffenbichler

Please provide some more information so we can figure this out.

1) Please copy and paste the Photoshop/Help/System Info here.

2) What changed when you started to have this problem? For example: any hardware or software upgrades etc?

3) Press the control key immediately after launching Liquify - it will show a dialog explaining any problems it was having starting up.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2014 6:43 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

Can you Please change the mode for the image to 8 bit and then try to use that option

Steps

Image>Mode>then choose the 8bit

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 1:57 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

Please launch Liquify while pressing the command key. I suspect you are using a Retina display and dropping into CPU mode (not using the video card GPU). If this is the case the command key will cause Liquify to show a dialog explaining why you are not using the GPU. We can then figure out how to fix that.

To get the System Info: Locate the 'Help' menu in the Photoshop Menu bar. Select 'System Info...' and then press 'Copy'. You now have the info in your clipboard. Now you can paste the clipboard system info into a forum post with a command-v.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 3:24 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

What type of Mac are you using? Do you have an external monitor?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 1:00 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

Please retry pressing the control key as you launch Liquify - it should show a new small dialog window which tells us why the GPU mode of Liquify does not like your Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2014 11:59 AM   in reply to misscwaslike

You are running an old OpenGL driver (part of the OSX 10.8.5). Is it feasible for you to upgrade to the newest 10.9.2 OS? Apple has made many improvements in the OpenGL GPU driver. I believe it is a free upgrade.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2014 3:19 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

I think i have figured out how I can replicate the problem you have on my Mac. Now I just need to figure out how to fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2014 9:13 AM   in reply to john worthington

I am impressed by the fact that and how Adobe employees actually use these Fora.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2014 12:09 PM   in reply to misscwaslike

On my system the problem only occurs if the Liquify dialog opens in it smallest possible size. Increasing the dialog width or height even by one pixel avoids the problem. This this the same on your system?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points