• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty installing CR 8.3rc so I can transfer images between LR5 and CS6. I'm using OS 10.9

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully DL'd CR 8.3rc to my MacPro. It would not install. I received a message that I needed Adode DL Manager. I DL'd this manager and it refused to install asking me to DL Adobe Support Advisor. I did so, ran it, it found "no issues".

Any thoughts? I suspect OS 10.9 because my Macbook Pro still runs OSX 10.8.4 and CR 8.rc is installed and running on it.

Newbie to this forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

kglad,

Thank for your patience.  I now have successfully installed the new CR 8.3rc.  For general reference, here is the screen shot error message I kept getting:

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 2.03.29 PM.png Today

Today this manager installed instead of giving me  further error message. The CR then installed successfully.

Can I throw points your way in recognition of your help?

Riebs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be updating using help>update in your programs or your cc app/aam.  there are different versions for different apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. However, it was the error message "Adobe DL Mgr damaged" that started the process, after I used the programs update/help. Then DL'd DL Mgr. which refused to open, and suggested Support Advisor.  This is precisely the loop within which I appear locked. Sorry if I was not clear, therre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need the akamai download manager (which adobe uses to help users with problem internet connections) to update adobe apps.  if you need to download an installation file (or files) which do you need.

you do need adobe application manager or the cc app to update adobe apps.  are you having a problem with one of those?

if you're not sure what the problem is, attach a screenshot of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

Thank for your patience.  I now have successfully installed the new CR 8.3rc.  For general reference, here is the screen shot error message I kept getting:

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 2.03.29 PM.png Today

Today this manager installed instead of giving me  further error message. The CR then installed successfully.

Can I throw points your way in recognition of your help?

Riebs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

congrats on solving that problem!

(and thank for recognizing that i tried to help!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did help...forcing me to keep at it!

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines