• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer says i have flash player installed already when i dont?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i have used your posted link to get the newest version of adobe flash player and downloaded it. despite this, every time i go on a site that requires adobe falsh player, it has a link that says "adobe flash player is required"! i follow the link to the same download page and try to download again, but it says "latest version is already installed"

any advice?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Internet Explorer 11?

If so, this is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ur the man! Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I downloaded Firefox and so far everything seems to be working. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines