• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player won't run in ie 11

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manage Add-ons in ie 11 shows shockwave flash player enabled but it won't run, why not?

When I google 'find flash player version', Adobe's site says Your Flash Player Version: Not installed, Your Browser name: Gecko, Your OS: Windows 7

I have downloaded and installed (and uninstalled) Adobe Flash Player 11 several times, unable to get it to run.  What gives?

It runs fine in Google Chrome, integral to

Seems Internet Explorer 11 is problem .... please HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Contrary to many users experiencing problems with Flash Player on IE11, I have no problems running it.

Questions:

• is the Shockwave Flash Object add-on enabled?
  • is ActiveX Filtering disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser, at least until Microsoft gets their act together and fixes IE, but you may find you like another browser better.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.  We do have Chrome on the Dell laptop PC experiencing problems so that's a valid workaround to run Adobe Flash Player on it.  What I don't understand is: I have an e-Machine, bought July, 2010, with ie 11, Win 7, 4GB RAM that runs current Adobe Flash Player fine.  Whereas, we have a Dell laptop, purchased May 2010, with ie 11, Win 7, 3GB RAM that's unable to run the current Adobe Flash player.  Why, I still don't know.  Have made many attempts to install/run.   Both machines run McAfee Security Center.  Problem still unresolved.  Any suggestions, ideas to fix laptop appreciated.  Thank-you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "unable to run" what do you mean?

Won't download?
Won't install?

Won't enable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it downloads, installs ok, but apparently not.  When I download, it says ~16MB @download screen, but after I download, when I check Control Panel>Uninstall Programs to view all programs, the Adobe FlashPlayer Active X is there but only shows 6.0 MB.  I uncheck the McAfee option @download since I already have Security Center.

When I google 'find flash player version' the Adobe test site says it's Not Installed, so the install must not be working properly.  And the test graphic there doesn't work. 

When I got to Tools>Manage Add-Ons in ie 11, Shockwave player is listed there and is Enabled...

Yet, it does not seem to be downloading, installing correctly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's installing correctly if it's in your Add-ons manager. The "plugin" is 6mb. The rest is WAY bigger.

See:

1.jpg

2.jpg

The rest of the problem ISN'T with Flash Player. It's with IE11.

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have screen shots, but when I check File Properties for C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, it's only 23.4 MB, 5 files, Created Tue, Dec 6, 2011

when I ck File Props for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash, it's only 18.7 MB, 8 files, Created Sun, Apr 18, 2010

Doesn't look right, not getting updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to many users experiencing problems with Flash Player on IE11, I have no problems running it.

Questions:

• is the Shockwave Flash Object add-on enabled?
  • is ActiveX Filtering disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem running Flash Player w/ ie11 on my other pc either.

I just disabled the activex filter on our laptop experiencing problems.  That fixed it.  It now passes test at 'find flash player version'

Thank-you all for assisting solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The size of the folders need only be "more than 5.5mb" for each folder. Mine are larger because I have different storage settings than you and I have a bunch of cached data in mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines