Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Setting focus on a text Input control in flex 1.5

Dec 17, 2013 2:30 AM

Tags: #flex #action #1.5 #script_2.0

I am working on macromedia flex 1.5 & Action Script 2.0, The problem is that I can't focus on the textInput. What happens is that when clicking text input for the first time, it is not selecting, only after a second time, it is selecting & the component gain focus and i am able to type. The Issue is not for Right Mouse click, it is working fine but the problem is for Mouse left Click.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to RajaSekhar

That might have to do with the HTML wrapper around the SWF.  You might need to swap in the latest SWFObject as the wrapper.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to RajaSekhar

Flex 1.5 is no longer officially supported and it has been a long time since I used it, but IIRC, you provide an MXML url in the browser and the Flex 1.5 server returns HTML content that wraps a  SWF.

Some versions of the html content may not contain JavaScript code that activates the SWF on startup, so the first click activates the SWF and the second one will then be seen by the SWF so it will set focus.

The current versions of Flex use JS code from the SWFObject project http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

I believe there is a way to get the returned HTML content to use this SWFObject code, and that may solve your problem.  Of course, the better path would be to upgrade to Apache Flex.

-Alex

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points