Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Camera RAW / Bridge CC problem with Exposure in Mac OS X 10.9 Maverics

Dec 17, 2013 1:31 PM

Recently I purchased MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9 Maverics and I have a problem as described below while working in Bridge CC:

If I open Canon RAW files (.CR2) in Photoshop by double-clicking the file (or File > Open With > Adobe Photoshop CC), Photoshop starts and a Camera RAW windows opens. If I set the Exposure value from -0.95 to 0.95 and choose Open Image or Done, a .XMP file is created, but the value of Exposure is NOT SAVED (Exposure value is still 0).  If I set the Exposure to -1.00 (or less) or +1.00 (or more), it is SAVED.

On the other way if I open any RAW file just in Camera RAW (File > Open In Camera Raw) everything works fine: any changes of Exposure are saved in .XMP files.

Please note that I have all updates of Adobe and Apple software are installed.

Anyone can help?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 17, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to Photosoul

Can't check with Mavericks because I'm still on 10.8.5, however I can't say I heard this behavior before.

Can you select a file that is changed with -0.95 but does not show the result and with right mouse click menu choose purge cache for selection, does that make a difference?

What version of Camera Raw are you using and What Canon are you using.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 19, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to Photosoul

So it is not the cache, could you try and reset the Camera Raw defaults using the little menu icon right next to the name of the tab you are in. At the bottom of the menu is the option to set ACR to default.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points