Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Crashes on startup.  How to get it to run?

Dec 17, 2013 9:00 PM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #bridge #64 #cs6 #bug_report

With CS6 on Win7 64b or 32b, Bridge crashes on startup (output listed below).  From browsing discussions, I suspected it has something to do with admin priviledges so I set it to run as administrator in my account for both 64b and 32b.  Now it doesn't crash; it just doesn't start period.

What do you have to do to get Bridge to actually run in Win7 (never used it before but need it now)?  It works fine on my XP SP3 Laptop.

Actually I just need Bridge to open a jpg in Camera Raw or to open Camera Raw, in general.  Is there any way to do those two things without having to have Bridge run?
Thanks,

Jeff

Crash INFO:

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
  Application Name:Bridge.exe
  Application Version:5.0.2.4
  Application Timestamp:50d9a019
  Fault Module Name:Bridge.exe
  Fault Module Version:5.0.2.4
  Fault Module Timestamp:50d9a019
  Exception Code:c0000005
  Exception Offset:000000000036af69
  OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:1033
  Additional Information 1:dca5
  Additional Information 2:dca5eef3eb4639786ac397e2f866e6e1
  Additional Information 3:4199
  Additional Information 4:4199b882f4916698ed37542ab754498a

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 18, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

It can be a permissoin problem.  Right click on Bridge icon and choose "run as administrator".  This gives you a few more permissions than just being adminintrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

Reset preferences.  Hold Crtl kye and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window.  Choose all 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

To reset preferences hold down the ctrl key and start Bridge.  This is first aid for bridge.  Nothing said about double clicking.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Best to click on Bridge icon on desktop.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

Googling, I noticed many postings on Bridge not starting in Photoshop but don't see any solutions. Very frustrating for such an expensive program.

I know when it is not working it can be very frustrating, but in fact Bridge comes for free with Photoshop or other Suite applications…

As a Mac user I'm on thin ice here but to me all you did write sounds like an install procedure gone wrong or you did mix up 64 and 32 bit installations. If nothing seems to work the best way would be a complete uninstall using the official uninstallers and follow this by running the Adobe Clean Tool. Then reinstall again.

Here is a link to the cleaner tool but first read the manual carefully and be sure to back up any custom settings like actions, templates and third party filter etc etc.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

I have Win7.  I have gone to the file location of Bridge.exe and right clicked and put icon on desktop.  I also have Bridge pinned to Taskbar on bottom of screen. 

Holding down the Crtl key and double clicking on the desktop icon brings up the reset window.  Holding down the Ctrl key and a single click on the Taskbar icon brings up the reset window.

Beware: the window open on the desktop, so if you have other programs open you will not see it.  Minimize all programs so you see just desk top.

I have had poor luck in past (sometimes yes, sometimes no) at getting the reset window to work from Bridge.exe in the programs menu.

And yes, it the normal does not work follow Omke's advice and uninstall, run the cleaner, and reinstall.

Also, only one version of bridge can run at same time, so if you have one running in background (open Task Manager) it will not work.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Sorry to not give a solution, only a few more inputs:

Run in Win 8.1 x64: Same result. Tried reset (with ctrl key): no cigar. Uninstalled/restarted/installed: No cigar. No "extra" Bridge running in bakcground.

In my case I can start the program, point to a folder, but when I try to open it: "Adobe Bridge has stopped working".

EventData

Bridge.exe

51df8e41

dvacore.dll

51df8ebb

c0000005

000000000003e4d2

01cf00c7a93ee26e

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC (64 Bit)\Bridge.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC (64 Bit)\dvacore.dll

e83b40f9-6cba-11e3-be75-0026833262d0

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 8:49 AM   in reply to Gusstav

Gusstav wrote:

Run in Win 8.1 x64: Same result. Tried reset (with ctrl key): no cigar. Uninstalled/restarted/installed: No cigar.

It is extrememly rare that resetting preferences with the ctrl key will not work, it done properly.

An uninstall and reinstall rarely solves anything, especially if you do not run Adobe CC Cleaner.  Try that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 8:53 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

jeffweiss91234 wrote:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS REQUIRED IN ACCOUNT SET-UP FOR BRIDGE CS6 TO WORK IN WIN7 64b?  (It works just fine on my laptop with XP SP3 where I run it from my normal account).

Thanks,

Jeff

That is set by the OS and initial setup.   You said teck support has it running now.  So you OK?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 1:40 PM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

Are you running this from an external drive?  If so this is an OS deal and not sure how else to deal with this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 7:22 PM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

Do a little browsing on net about OS permission.  Even a hard drive from a different computer can have a different user name so you need permission to write to it.  Starting in Admin. mode is one way to do this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 8:39 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

Look at the correct answer for this post.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/957401?tstart=0

It tells you your drive owenership.  I am running out of ideas.

If you do uninstall CS6 run the Adobe Script cleaner also, then reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 7:51 AM   in reply to jeffweiss91234

You need more of a computer expert than I.  It sounds like you have your computer set with with different accounts with varying levels of permissions.  This is all an OS issue and has nothing to do with Bridge.  You need to find some local tech to help you sort through this mess. 

Two possible workarounds.  One set up another user account with full admin. permission.  See it if works here.

Two - If you can change the compatibility mode to Vista.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points