Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Re: Free Effects

Dec 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Hello Everyone.

I understand After Effects has many Built-In Effects, I wonder how can I get some more Free Effects ?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2013 11:01 PM   in reply to animationlife

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 12:08 AM   in reply to animationlife

You would be amazed at what you can do with the effects that come bundled with AE. There are only a few free ones out there. Red Giant has a couple of handy utility plug-ins that are free. Most 'free' plug-ins are worth exactly what you paid for them while some offer an easier way to do some common tasks.

What exactly are you trying to do? Experimenting with eye-candy is not a very productive way to learn AE. Breaking down an interesting composite or sequence then trying to duplicate it is a very effective way to learn.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 2:20 AM   in reply to animationlife

As Rick already said, it all depends on what you actually want to do. Even commercial plug-ins will require a technical and creative understanding of how they work and what they can do and aside from providing presets to illustrate their features or facilitate everyday tasks, few of them will have any magic of their own...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to animationlife

I agree with the others here. Most of what you want to do can be done with the things that come with AE. They just require some work. If you're new to AE, I strongly suggest that you start here. It may seem boring at first, but it is absolutely essential to actually being able to work with AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to animationlife

Put the .aex file into the Plugins folder inside the After Effects application folder. You can create your own folder within the Plugin folder if you want to, for tidyness.  Restart After effects to initialise the plugin.

A .dmg file is a compressed disk image, usually for Mac users only.  It must be mounted (opened) to get the files inside.

Mac plugins won't work in Windows and vice versa.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 9:18 PM   in reply to animationlife

You may not be using compatible plug-ins. If a plug-in is not compatible with a build of AE it simply will not show up.

Some plug-ins also require an installer.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 2:24 AM   in reply to animationlife

Check the developers website.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers