Skip navigation
Bill in Maryland
Currently Being Moderated

Resolving Cache Problem in CS6

Dec 18, 2013 7:07 AM

Tags: #cache #cs6 #purge #cache" #"purge

When I start CS6 on my Macbook Pro, CS6 prompts me to purge cache in Preferences.  When I attemp to do so, CS6 seizes up and stops responding.  My only option is to use Force Quit, which simply returns me to my original tate when I restart CS6.  I even tried an uninstall with a new download and reinstallation.  Didn't work.  What do I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 18, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to Bill in Maryland

You have to provide exact system info like volumes used for swap files, size, available free space, version of OSX and so on.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to Bill in Maryland

Can I assume you are talking about Bridge in CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 5:19 PM   in reply to Bill in Maryland

Have you tried resetting preferences?  Hold down the option key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2013 1:58 AM   in reply to Bill in Maryland

Bill, I had the exact same problem this past week. i actually found the answer in this forum.

If after quitting Bridge, most likely be forcing quit, then hold down the "option" key on the keyboard (for Mac) when starting. It will give you a little pop up screen to reset to factory preferences and to purge the cache. I selected both, and it took about 30 seconds to do it's thing, then Bridge started fine. I had to reselect the "folders" view but that was it. Frustrating, but now that I know this it is fine. It happened to me about 6 months ago, and reloaded Bridge, but I don't recommend doing that.

Hope this helps, John from Cincinnati

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points