• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App Import Bug

Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I imported a web app with CSV format, but did not get one field displayed. Very strange, it is not items inactive. I got all other item fields+ displayed, but one field not shown in the listing view. When I clicked into detail view, it is shown. The field can be shown when I click into each individual item and hit UPDATE. I have got 1000+ items to update every day. There is no way for me to click every item and just to hit UPDATE. I double checked the tag spelling, it was correct. I also followed this tutorial, http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1747#comment-12057, it did not help my issue. Any ideas? (My tag is: {tag_location}, might it be conflicting with any backend code?) Cheers.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to change the date of the expiry on the web apps:

If you go into the  excel spreadsheet you will notice that the expiry is  1/1/99; you need to change the 1999 to 9999.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

The expiry date was 9999. I got all listing data displayed (Price, Description, Listing ID etc). However, just for that field, nothing is displayed. I also checked the field under firebug, there was nothing. I got exactly the same field inside Detail Template, which could display. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some spreadsheet apps modify the date thinking it needs to be in a new format, its not BC that does that. You need to ensure before you save/export this is corrected before importing back in as Ryan indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

There is no problem with the csv. The expiry date is "1/01/9999", not "1/01/1999" or "1/01/99". Otherwise, I don't get any listings displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with items not displaying in the list. I reformatted the expiry date field in my csv, still the thing persisted as 'inactive'. 

For what it's worth, I've found that the release date has to be less than today.  I don't know the why of the whole chain, but when I set the release day back 1 day less than 'today', it activates and the listings display nicely.  It seems to be quite consistent.

Regards, Julia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines