• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Printed Documentation in RoboHelp 9

Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH9 that comes with the Adobe TechCom Suite 3.5. My MS Word version is 2010.

While genating a Word Document from Robohelp, using the Printed Documentation Option, Some files in the HTML are not being converted to Word. I am facing this issue even when I select all topics in the Topic Selection window.

Please provide a solution for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a build expression applied?

Also when you have all topics selected you will only get all the topics that are in that TOC. That is not necessarily all the the topics in the project. Are the missing topics in the TOC?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, build expressions applied.

The missing topics are not listed in the TOC. They are available as hyperlinks within the TOC topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your answer then. In Printed Documentation the TOC topics are the default. You can either create a different TOC for print and that is the way I recommend or you can add the topics in the second page of the print layout.

The advantage of a second TOC is that it is easier to edit that. When you create new topics you decide which TOC to add it to or you add to both. Then it printed documentation, you use the left double chevron to clear all the topics on the right and then use the right double chevron to add the current TOC.

See Printed Documentation on my site.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 9 with MS Office 2013. Each time I try to create Printed Documentation, I get an error message "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

Is there a work around this issue? Do I need to upgrade? If yes, to which version?

Thanks,

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was asked just a few days ago. RH HTML v9.0.2: Supported Version of Word Does Not Exist Error

If you are generating webhelp as well, then Rh11 gives better support for browsers.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue.  When I generate Web files, the TOC is complete and accurate and reflects all topics visible in the TOC pod.  (I opened the HHC file in a text editor, and all of the missing topics are present.)

When I generate Print Documentation, my new topics are absent from the TOC.  If I right-click and review the properties for the Printed Documentation, the page displaying the 'Organize your topics in the chapter layout' presentation has the 'Show all topics box' checked.  However, my new topics are not visible here, so it's not possible to customize their presentation. 

Any ideas on other settings I should review?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a Print Layout, you automatically get all the topics in the TOC you select. The important bit to note is that you only get those topics. Any that are not in the TOC at that time are not included. That also applies to topics added to the TOC later. In both cases you have to add those manually.

Update the second page of the print layout and they will be included.

See Printed Output on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read the instructions at Printed Output on your site, and they addressed my issue completely.  RoboHelp updated the TOC exactly I needed using this approach.  Thank you for your expertise and assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp